Gili Trawangan Day EcoTrip
Take your trip in Gili Trawangan to another level with this day trip. Not only dipping your feet into the crystal clear beach and breathing the tropical air, you will experience the different side of Gili Trawangan by bike riding to the innovative local recycling center, the glass brick factory that later will be used as a building structure and an upcycled waste souvenirs shop.
Being a small island, Gili Trawangan has to be creative in managing its waste. Therefore, this trip will show you its brilliant efforts that clearly only few tourists have experienced. At the end, you will snorkel and witness the infamously beautiful biorock coral reef restoration structures.
Duration of this trip:
What is included in this trip:
1. Tour guide
2. Education on climate, tourism waste & reef restoration
3. Bike rental
4. Snorkel gear rental
Is this trip right for you?
1. You will have to be able to ride a bike
2. You do not need to be able to swim to snorkel
3. You will observe and understand the concept of touristic island waste, its
management and innovative solutions.
4. You will understand the climate change and what we can do to help
5. You will meet like-minded people that share the same love for earth and nature in this trip
10.00 - 11.30: RE-Cycle tour (recycling center & glass brick factory)
11.30 - 13.00: Visit eco shop and break for lunch
13.00 - 15.30: Biorock reef restoration snorkel tour