One of the main elements that make EMTM a unique program in the field of tourism studies is that it takes place in three totally different countries of the European continent that can provide visitors with three different tourism experiences. One of EMTM's biggest goals is to give students a taste of the local tourism industry in each of the three countries; therefore, it organizes at least one field trip for each semester. Some examples of field trips are as follow:
- UNESCO World Heritage Wadden Sea National Park in Denmark
- ITB tourism trade fair in Berlin
- Other field trips around Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Concurrent tourism consultancy like field trips such as to Andorra, Lloret de Mar etc.
- Participation at other conferences in Girona and Barcelona