Catalonia has a wealth of extraordinary places. As experts in art and culture, we at THE REAL THING, love organizing itineraries that go beyond the obvious. We know how to make the most popular places feel special and unique, and how to make the unknown become essential. This is one of many possible trips.
We consider ourselves to be fully in the present. Not only do we offer a unique way to understand the past, but we also share with travelers our current reality, award-winning architecture, art scene, and famous gastronomy.
Wine tastings, special meals and gastronomic experiences are also a must in our travel plans. All in all, our art & culture lovers always share a bon vivant approach to travel and life.
We curate amazing journeys to the whole of Spain and Portugal. Ask us for more: email@example.com
DAY 1. BARCELONA: GAUDÍ. A FULL IMMERSION.
Of all the singular architecture that one can see around Barcelona, Catalan Art Nouveau is probably the most original and recognizable, thanks to Gaudí. The breathtaking Sagrada Família basilica, the magical Park Güell or the incredible Casa Milà ("La Pedrera") are only some of the highlights of his legacy. Yes, we include the basics but always manage to go beyond.
- Early Morning: A masterpiece of color and light before anyone else: Casa Batlló.
- Morning: Private guided tour around Gaudí’s Barcelona. Revisiting the basics: Sagrada Familia and Park Güell.
- Evening: Enjoy a gastronomic sunset in Casa Vicens: a cocktail dinner at a heritage home for your eyes only.
DAY 2. BEYOND BARCELONA: DALÍ AND GIRONA
We're enamored of Catalonia and want to share it with you. Our country is full of fascinating contrasts and today will be just but a small taste of it: from the Surreal with the crazy and magnificent Dalí, to surrender ourselves to some of the most beautiful and charming Medieval in Girona and Besalú.
- Morning: A Surrealist journey to explore Dalí’s origins visiting the Museum, his home… but not only. Come and see!
- Afternoon: After lunch at a nice local restaurant, drive down to Girona and Besalú, and embark in a trip to our Medieval cobbled streets and our best-preserved Jewish Heritage.
DAY 3. BARCELONA: ROMANESQUE, MODERNISM & CONTEMPORARY ARCHITECTURE. A journey through our heritage.
Catalonia has an incredible historic heritage to get to know, as well as a stunning present to enjoy. The morning will be devoted to one of the treasures of Catalan Art: that of the Romanesque. And while in the afternoon we’ll visit some of our modernist architectural jewels, in the evening we’ll enjoy private access to key reference contemporary architecture.
- Morning: Romanesque Heritage in Catalonian Art. Starting with Monestir de Pedralbes, a monastery for a queen… to end up at the mind-blowing Museu Nacional D’Art de Catalunya (MNAC).
- Afternoon: Enjoy lunch with some of the most beautiful sights of the city and dive into modernism: Private guided visits to the Mies van der Rohe Pavilion and Fundació Miró.
- Early evening: Understand why the impulse of the 1992 Olympics launched the city into a race for modernization that has turned it into a pilgrimage destination for architecture lovers. Private access.