We celebrate everything around the table in Spain and Portugal. We were always fond travelers, but we also loved fine dining. So when we started THE REAL THING, gastronomic experiences were paramount in order to design the best possible trips. This is one of many possible journeys.
In Catalonia, every region and city, sometimes even every neighborhood, definitely every household, has their own secret recipes and tricks, their own tricks to craft from superb traditional dishes to innovative twists on what we thought was impossible to improve. It’s great culinary traditions can be smelled, tasted and seen across the streets and plazas, and is reflected in the buoyant list of internationally recognized chefs.
In this deeply palatable trip, the travelers will savour away the best of Barcelona and part of Catalonia
We curate amazing journeys for the whole of Spain and Portugal. Ask us for more: firstname.lastname@example.org
DAY 1. DISCOVERING BARCELONA’S SCENTS AND FLAVORS
Embark on your first culinary journey around Catalonia. Let’s start with Barcelona, where our local expert and foodie, who has an artistic sensibility and a privileged insight on some of the city’s most vibrant and authentic spots, will make you travel, step by step and bite by bite, around Barcelona's scents and flavors.
- Morning: Walking gastronomic tour with our culinary expert around the most authentic Barcelona.
- Evening: After a well-deserved nap to delve into the Mediterranean culture, dress up for dinner at one of spectacular Michelin-star restaurants in the city.
DAY 2. WINE & ARCHITECTURE IN COSTA BRAVA
Our culinary tradition is as important and paramount as some of our other heritage. We love enjoying them together in a private guided visit to a fantastic home with one of the most amazing Romanesque cloisters in private hands.
- Private visit to the farmhouse and the tower which date back to the 16th century, enjoying as well, also in the estate, the Romanesque cloister.
- We’ll enjoy a wine tasting and lunch at their winery, renovated by the prestigious RCR architects, and included in the Inventory of Heritage Architecture of Catalonia.
DAY 3. A TASTE OF NATURE
And here we go again, leaving the city… although there are so many restaurants, markets, coffee-shops and treasures to discover. However, Nature calls us!
A unique and exclusive experience where two of the most appreciated gifts of nature come together. With the company and guidance of an expert sommelier and a botanist, enjoy a fascinating journey away from the bustling city, discovering —and tasting — Catalan nature. You will discover why this is one of the richest aromatic herb territories, but why not take a step further… and try some?
- Private guided walk in Nature, while enjoying a wine and flower pairing.
- Organic picnic to sum up the day.